DTech Member FAQs
What is the difference between a DTech Member and a DTech Scholar?
- DTech Members are part of the friendly and supportive DTech community which has grown to include over 400 women studying computer science, engineering and math/statistics at Duke.
- DTech Scholars are Members who have been selected to participate in our flagship summer program while doing technical summer internships.
What is the application window for the Member Program?
Applications for new DTech members will open on September 20, 2021. Admission will be done on a rolling basis.
Is there a required major for becoming a Member of DTech?
No, but DTech resources and programming will likely be the best fit for students interested in computing-related disciplines such as Computer Science, Engineering and Statistics/Data Science.
I'm just exploring computer science/engineering. Should I still apply to become a DTech Member?
Yes! We have a wealth of resources for students new to tech, and there's no better time to start building a community that will support you throughout your Duke career. Also, we offer the DTech Explore Program to help freshmen and sophomores get to know each other and explore technical courses and other opportunities together.
When is the best time to apply to become a DTech Member? Should I wait until I have my resume complete?
We encourage you to apply as early as possible during the fall semester so that you can become part of the community and avail yourself of all that DTech has to offer. You do not need a resume to apply to become a DTech Member, and we'll provide resources that will help you create one.
DTech Scholar FAQs
What is the application window for the Scholar Program?
Applications for the Scholar Program will open in January, 2022.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Scholar Program?
- DTech membership (This is a separate application process.)
- Acceptance of a technical internship at a company or similar organization
- Completion of DTech Scholar application
- Attendance at a Scholar Information Session (optional for previous Scholars)
- Commitment to actively engage in a weekly DTech Circle, participate in four DTech Scholar workshops focused on making the most of your internship, and give back to the DTech community. In addition, Scholars are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to be mentored by an industry leader.
If I was a DTech Scholar previously, can I participate again in 2022?
Yes, and as someone with more experience, you'll have many opportunities to both receive and give support.