The Scholar program is DTech's comprehensive experience for members doing technical summer internships. It is designed to help Scholars build strong relationships with each other, reach their internship goals, learn about diverse opportunities in the tech space, and gain the benefits of mentoring, inspiration, and peer support.
The 2023 Scholar Program will include:
- Scholar Program Kick-Off on Saturday, April 15, 2023. This all-day event will be held on-campus and will provide time for personal reflection, goal-setting, meeting other Scholars, and workshops to help you prepare for the summer
- Summer networking activities and visits to companies in areas such as NYC, Raleigh-Durham, SF/Bay Area, and Seattle
- 1x1 mentoring during the summer with an industry professional
- The opportunity to live with other Scholars in housing subsidized by DTech. (Current DTech Members, please visit Scholar Housing Program for details.)
- Scholar Circles through which small groups of Scholars meet twice a month through the summer to share experiences, provide support, and build lifelong friendships
- Interactive workshops during the spring and summer that will provide practical information and support to help you make the most of your internship
Criteria for Becoming a DTech Scholar
- Are currently a DTech Member in good standing
- Have a technical summer internship (in-person or remote)
- Commit to participating fully in Scholar activities
- Are in good academic standing at Duke and plan to return to Duke as a student during the 2023-2024 academic year
The standard application cycle for the 2023 DTech Scholar Program has now closed.
If you would like to apply to join DTech as a new member, please visit How to Join DTech