The Duke Technology Scholars Program aims to drive game-changing innovation and fuel creativity by inspiring more women to choose careers in computer science and electrical and computer engineering.
Through internships with Silicon Valley technology companies, you'll have the opportunity to discover your potential to have an impact in the tech industry.
Paired with a mentor, you will extend your technical skills, build confidence and professional networks, and envision how to create a rewarding career.
"Because of DTech, I'm more confident in myself as a software engineer and as a woman in tech. I'm certain I want to continue expanding my passion for computer science, and I'm excited to help other women succeed in technology." –2016 DTech participant
- 10-12 weeks of paid internships in San Francisco/Silicon Valley
- Housing with other Duke interns provided during your internship
- One-on-one mentorship with experienced tech leaders
- Networking events to meet top venture capitalists and industry leaders
- Cultural and social events with Duke University alums
- Exposure to San Francisco/Silicon Valley high-tech companies and recruiters
- Dedicated support and guidance throughout the year
Internship Time Period
- May through August
To apply, candidates must have completed CS201 Data Structures and Algorithms or a higher-level programming course by May of their DTech program year.
How to Apply
It's easy! Just complete our online form during the open application period.
The 2017 application period has ended. Please check back in fall 2017 for summer 2018 program details.