Applications for the 2018 DTech Program
will open on September 1, 2017.
- You must be a Duke woman undergraduate who will have completed CS201 Data Structures and Algorithms or a higher-level programming course by May of their DTech program year.
- May through August.
- You must be able to work full time for the duration of your internship. Internships are typically 12-14 weeks.
- Live in group housing with other DTech Scholars for the duration of the summer.
- Participate in summer programming.
- Develop a relationship with your assigned mentor.
- Write one or more blog articles about your internship experience.
- Participate in the professional and personal leadership development day.
The online application will ask you for the following information. You can save your application while you work on it. You will receive a confirmation message when you submit your final application. Please review the frequently asked questions before you begin your application. If you have additional questions, please contact program Director Monica Jenkins.
What We Want to Know About You
- Brief statement (<250 words) describing your computing background, your current interest in being a DTech Scholar, future career plans and goals.
- Resume (submit file).
- Cover Letter (submit file).
- Your declared (or intended) major(s), minor(s) and certificate programs.
- List of all coursework relevant to a tech internship.
- List of any skills, qualifications, experiences, awards and accomplishments relevant to your application or potential internship provider.
- Your internship location preference - options are Silicon Valley/San Francisco, California or Research Triangle Park-North Carolina.
- A description of the kind of internship you hope to have.
- If you are interested in a specific company. (No guarantees. See frequently asked questions)
- Areas of computing that are of interest to you (selected from a list or you can write in your own).
- Tech industry areas of interest to you (selected from a list or you can write in your own).